Gluten Free Apple Galette
YIELD: 10” apple galette or 6-8 servings
Galettes are quick and easy to make but as delicious as apple pie. You can vary the sweetness, mix apples and add as much spice as you’d like.
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Bake Time: 45 minutes @ 400˚F
1 Gluten Free pie dough recipe
3 granny smith apples
3-1/2 Tbsp. sugar ½ tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp unsalted butter \
1 egg beaten for brushing on crust
Turbinado or similar sugar for sprinkling on crust
Apricot jelly to brush on top after baking, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Peel, core and slice apples into thin wedges. Toss apples with cinnamon and sugar. Set aside while rolling dough.
3. Roll dough on a lightly dusted surface, using extra pie dough mix, to 1/8” thick x 12” round. Try to roll as round as possible. Place dough onto parchment paper lined sheet pan.
4. Moisten 1” around edge of pie dough round with water, pile apples into the center of the pie dough round leaving 1-1/2” around edge. Dot top of apples with the butter.
5. Fold edges up and over apples. It’s okay if it looks rustic.
6. Place sheet pan in middle of oven and bake for 4o minutes, then cover the top loosely with aluminum foil and bake another 5 minutes.
Serving suggestion – Serve warm or cold with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Variation – Add cranberries or toasted nuts.