Gluten Free Banana Bread
Yield: One 9”x5” loaf
A moist rich banana bread studded with large pieces of walnut.
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Bake Time: 1 hour 15 minutes or until top center of loaf is firm to the touch
1 bag Moon Rabbit Foods Pie dough mix
1-3/4 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large ripe bananas
1 tsp. Star Kay White vanilla extract
¼ cup water
½ tsp. salt
¾ tsp. baking soda
1-1/8 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. xanthan gum
1 cup walnut halves
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9″x5″ loaf pan, line bottom with paper if desired.
2. Put all ingredients into mixing bowl except walnuts.
3. Using a paddle, mix for 30 seconds on low speed, scrape bowl well.
4. Mix for 3 minutes on medium speed.
5. Add walnuts and mix on low speed just to combine.
6. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake on middle shelf of oven for 1 hour 15 minutes or until center top of loaf feels firm to the touch.
Substitution: any other nut can be used or a combination of chocolate chips and nuts.
TIP – Loaf can be wrapped in plastic wrap and kept at room temperature for 3 days or freeze until ready to eat. Allow to come to room temperature before enjoying.