Gluten Free Biscuity Sticky Buns.
Yield: 12 muffin size sticky buns
Now you can have one of your old time favorites, gluten free.
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Bake Time: 10 minutes @375˚
1 bag Moon Rabbit Foods biscuit/scone mix
6 Tbsp Butter, cold
1-1/3 cup buttermilk
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
¼ oz water
2 oz. butter, melted
6-8 Tbsp. chopped pecans
1 oz butter, melted for brushing on dough
1. Mix cinnamon and sugar filling together and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350˚. Mix all ingredients for the sticky topping together. Put 1 Tbsp of the sticky mixture into muffin cup. Divide the chopped pecans among the 12 muffin cus. You will need 12 cups prepared. (note: you will have enough of the sticky topping for 2 batches. It can be refrigerated or frozen for later use)
3. Mix the biscuit/scone mix and granulated sugar with the chilled butter using a paddle or by hand until the mixture resembles very small crumbs.
4. Add the buttermilk all at once and mix on low speed for 45 seconds.
5. Lightly dust your rolling surface with extra scone mix or any GF flour mixture. Roll dough out to 12”x 8”. Brush melted butter onto dough, sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll up so you have a 12” log. Cut log into 12 pieces.
6. Place one cinnamon roll into each of the 12 cups with the cut side facing up. Bake for 19 minutes. Remove from oven, place an inverted cookie sheet on top of muffin pan and carefully turn both pans at once. *Be careful, sticky buns will be warm! Lift muffin pan off. Allow sticky buns to cool for 5 minutes prior to serving.
Serving suggestion – Sticky buns are best served when freshly baked as are most gluten free baked products. Buns can be prepared ahead and frozen. Thaw in refrigerator prior to putting into pans and freezing.
Variation – Any nut can be used in place of pecans. Raisins can be sprinkled on top of cinnamon sugar before rolling.