Gluten Free Double Chocolate Krinkle Cookies
YIELDS: 2 dozen cookies
Using Moon Rabbit Brownie mix you can create this delicious version of a childhood favorite.
Prep Time: 10 minutes, , Bake Time: 17 minutes
1 bag Moon Rabbit Foods Gluten Free brownie mix
3 eggs, large 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 tsp. Star Kay White vanilla extract
¼ cup vegetable oil
Powdered sugar, sifted, as needed to coat cookies
1. Melt chocolate with oil. Set aside to cool to 90˚.
2. Preheat oven to 350˚.
3. Add all ingredients to a medium bowl with a paddle attachment and mix on low speed for 20 seconds to combine.
4. Switch mixer to medium speed and beat for 1 minute.
5. Using a #40 ice cream scoop or a Tablespoon, scoop cookies onto a cookie sheet. Roll each cookie between the palms of your hand to round.
6. Coat each cookie in powdered sugar by rolling the cookie around in a bowl of powdered sugar, then evenly place on a cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 17 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. *If using a convection oven, bake cookies about 15 minutes.
Serving suggestion – Cookies are best served warm the day they are baked.
Variation – For a triple chocolate krinkle cookie, add mini chocolate chips.
Tip: Cookies can be scooped then wrapped well and frozen for up to a month before baking. To bake, allow cookies to come to room temperature before coating in powdered sugar and baking as above.