Gluten Free German Chocolate Brownies
YIELD: one 9”x13” pan
Use our brownie mix to create these easy delicious bars loaded with coconut and pecans.
1 recipe brownies according to package
1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
4 each egg yolks, large
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1. Make brownies according to directions on package. Spread into 9”x13” pan and bake according to package. Allow to cool.
2. In medium saucepot add the sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, butter and egg yolks.
3. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, whisking constantly. Cook until mixture is very thick and registers 165 degrees F on a thermometer, about 5-8 minutes.
4. Pour mixture over coconut and pecans in mixing bowl. Stir to combine then stir in vanilla.
5. Spread mixture over cooled brownies.
6. Store in refrigerator.