Gluten Free Maple Pecan Scone
YIELD: 16 scones
These scones are easy to make with a mixer or by hand.
1 bag Biscuit and Scone mix add:
1 tsp. Star Kay White maple extract
1 cup pecan pieces
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1. Prepare pecans by coating pecans with maple syrup then tossing with brown sugar. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes tossing pecans after the first 5 minutes to ensure evenly toasting. Allow pecans to cool.
2. In a mixing bowl with a paddle combine dry mix, butter and sugar together until it resembles a coarse cornmeal.
3. Add in the cream and maple extract and mix until combined.
4. Scrape down the bowl, add ¾ of a cup of the toasted pecans and mix an additional 30 seconds.
5. Divide the dough in half, roll into 2-6”rounds. Cut each disc into 8 pieces and place on a parchment paper lined double sheet pan. Brush with cream and sprinkle with granulated sugar and the remaining toasted pecans.
Variation – Scones can be mixed by hand.
Any pure maple extract can be used.