Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Pudding
SERVES 12-4” ramekins or one large oval custard dish
An easy, delicious bread pudding made with our Gluten Free pumpkin bread recipe and a vanilla custard.
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Drying bread cubes: 1 hour, Bake Time: 25-30 minutes
1 Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread recipe (made with our pie dough mix), cut into ¾” cubes and dried
4 cups whole milk
4 egg yolks
2 tsp. Star Kay White vanilla extract
¾ cup + 2 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
1. Place bread cubes onto a cookie sheet with a parchment paper liner. Dry cubes in a 200˚ oven for one hour, tossing cubes after 30 minutes for even drying. Allow cubes to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350˚. Rub soft butter on the inside of 12-4″ ramekins, then coat with granulated sugar. Fill ramekins with dried pumpkin bread cubes.
3. Warm milk and sugar on stove until sugar is dissolved. Do not boil.
4. Whisk eggs, egg yolks and vanilla in a bowl. Add warmed milk/sugar and whisk to mix all ingredients together. Strain mixture.
5. Pour custard over bread cubes, allow bread to soak up custard then add a little more custard if necessary.
6. Place ramekins into a deep pan. Place pan on middle shelf of oven and pour HOT water onto pan. Water should come up half way on the ramekins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until custard is set in center. Carefully remove pan from oven and allow to cool.
Serving suggestion – Serve bread pudding warm or cold with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Variation – Bread pudding can be baked in a large ceramic dish and scooped out to serve.